- Lightly toasted bread (bagels work well too) cut into fingers and spread with mashed avocado, banana or cream cheese
- Porridge fingers (make a thick porridge, spread to about 2cm thickness and zap for 1 min in the microwave to set, then cut into fingers)
- Fruit Pancakes (make a thick pancake batter, mix in frozen berries (these mush down a bit better than fresh i find and is something we always have in the house) cook in a non stick frying pan for 1 min each side then cut into slices
- Cereal like Weetabix mini's with a bit of formula, expressed milk etc poured on them to soften them enough to eat but not so they are too soggy to pick up
- No flour Banana Pancake - just mix 1 mashed banana with 1 egg and cook as you would a pancake in a non stick frying pan. These are very tasty for everyone!
- Raisin toast cut into fingers
- Omelette (can add cheese if you want to) rolled and cut into slices.
Our little one tends to have one of the above alongside whatever fruit we have in the house so banana, lightly cooked apples or pears with the skin on for grip or a few strawberries (these are a common allergen though so do test these carefully the first time you give them) to really make a mess* with!
*Disclaimer, we take no responsibility for the state of your kitchen floor whilst following any of our recipes or ideas!