Combining brown rice and red lentils makes for a great source of protein (no meat required here!). These tasty patties are a great meal served with veggies of your choice, or pop in a tupperware box for those on-the-go stomach rumbles.
1 small carrot finely diced
1 small stick celery finely diced
1/2 onion finely diced
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup cooked red lentils
1/4 cup milled oats
1 tbsp olive oil for frying vegetables
1 tbsp olive oil for brushing on patties
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Fry the carrot, celery, garlic and onion in olive oil over low heat until soft.
3. Mix with the cooked rice and lentils and form into burger like patties.
4. Roll them in finely milled oats and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Brush with a olive oil and bake for 25 mins.