A naturally sweet filling muffin that will keep your little one going in-between meals. Makes 6 muffins.
185g plain flour
1/4 cup light olive oil
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup polenta
1 medium sized plantain
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 small pinch salt
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon of lime zest
1 teaspoon lime juice from fresh lime
1. Bake plantain in it's skin in pre-heated oven for 20 mins at 175 degrees C.
2. Mash flesh of plantain with a fork.
3. Using a blender, blend together all the dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, blend together all the wet ingredients.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients - folding together.
6. Cover mixture with a tea towel and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
7. Fold in lemon zest and juice.
8. Spoon in silicon moulds.
9. Cook in a pre-heated over for 23 minutes at 175 degrees C.