A sugar-free treat for mid-morning or afternoon tea. A great replacement for a sweet biscuit or fruit puree. Makes 10 muffins.
2 tsps baking powder
1 cup wholemeal flour sifted
1/2 cup polenta
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup orange juice (from freshly squeezed oranges)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 large egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsps orange zest
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients. Put to one side.
3. Mix together all the wet ingredients. Put to one side.
4. Slowly fold wet and dry ingredients together, mix gently.
5. Pop mixture into silicon moulds or lightly greased muffin baking try.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown on top and firm to touch.