If your little one loves mash potato, try these super-easy to make sweet potato and chickpea balls. Sweet potatoes, a low GI food, release glucose into your blood stream slower than regular potatoes combined with protein rich chickpeas - these make a filling snack or a substantial part of a bigger meal. Makes 10-12 balls.
400g sweet potato baked in it's skin
1 tin chickpeas, rinsed (240g drained weight)
1 good pinch cumin
Small egg beat
1/2 orange (juice and zest)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Spoon flesh of baked sweet potato into a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher.
3. In a separate bowl, blitz rinsed, drained chickpeas with a hand food processor.
4. Combine the ingredients, adding in the egg, cumin, orange juice and orange zest.
5. Spoon into silcon cases and cook for approxmately 20-25 minutes until the balls are lightly browned on top.