Portable pasta, so kids can have one of their favourite dishes on the go. With home-made tomato sauce this will beat any shop-bought pasta sauce in taste and nutritional value!
For the tomato sauce:
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 medium spring onion finely chopped
200g peel and diced carrots
180g courgettes diced
½ tbls. olive oil
1 tin chopped tomatoes
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
150g penoni pasta
For the béchamel sauce:
2 tbls. plain flour
1. Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.
2. Add carrots and courgette. Sauté with lid on for 10 minutes until softened.
3. Add tinned tomatoes and oregano. Cook for 35 minutes.
4. After 35 minutes take off the heat and stir-in basil.
5. Cook penoni pasta for 12-14 minutes until tender.
6. In a separate pan, melt butter, add in flour and make a paste. Then stir in milk until mixture is smooth. Take off heat.
7. Mix five tablespoons of tomato sauce with all the béchamel sauce. Mix in one egg and a tablespoon of béchamel.
8. Mix sauce in with pasta, layer pasta into baking tray.
9. Bake at 175 degrees C for 30-35minutes until crispy and starting to brown on top.