Oats are great for little tummies. Easy on digestion, they're an excellent source of soluble fibre and are great for filling kids up. Used as a base for these tasty burgers, with lots of hidden veggies, burger and chips need never be the same again. Try with sweet potato baked wedges.
1 spring onion finely chopped
1 small clove garlic finely chopped
½ tbls olive oil for frying
1/4 medium courgette grated
1 small carrot grated
1.5 cups oats
Splash of tamari sauce
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1. Gently fry spring onion and garlic.
2. Mix together the grated carrot and courgette. Stir in spring onion and garlic.
3.Add oats, egg and soy sauce.
5. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Make into small burgers / balls.
7. Cook in pre-heated oven for 15 mins at 175 degrees C.